Philadelphia Common Pleas Court Judge Ellen Ceisler just granted a request for access to the collapsed building site at 22nd and Market streets, made by attorneys of the first victim to file a lawsuit.
Ceisler, in an order, said that attorneys and experts can inspect, photograph and video record the demolition of the building, starting Saturday at 9 a.m. Ceisler's order said that must happen at a safe distance from the work and not impede an ongoing investigation.
Ceisler also ordered that all remaining debris should remain on the site, once the site is deemed safe, for two days while the experts and attorneys continue to inspect, photograph and record video of the location. After that, the city will be required to grant access to any location where the debris is taken.
Attorney Robert Mongeluzzi represents Nadine White, a 54-year-old employee of the Salvation Army store that collapsed when the demolition next door went terribly wrong on Wednesday. White, who is suing the property owner and demolition firm that did the work, was buried in the rubble for more than 10 minutes before being rescued. White was the first victim to sue.
The order also applies to Linda Bell, another survivor of the collapse that killed six people. Bell is represented by attorney Jonathan Cohen, according to court records.
Mongeluzzi on Thursday said that experts will examine the "pattern of how things fell" in the demolition of the four-story building. They will also look to see if the wall that collapsed had been braced for support during the demolition.