After six months of rehabilitation, officials will celebrate the rededication of the historic Edges Mill Road Bridge in Caln Township tomorrow.
PennDOT representatives will join township, county and state officials at 10 a.m. for the rededication of the bridge, a structure on the National Register of Historic Places that spans the Brandywine Creek. Following officials' remarks, several antique vehicles will travel over the bridge, which will be closed to traffic during the event.
The 1916 stone arch bridge was closed from Jan. 31 to July 27 so it could be rehabilitated from its structurally deficient status.
Parking for the event will be available on the bridge approach and also at Palace Packaging Machines, 4102 Edges Mill Road. If heavy rain occurs, the ceremony will be moved to the Caln Township Community Room, 253 Municipal Drive, Downingtown.