The Uwchlan Township Historical Commission will open books and houses -- the John Cadwalder House and the Edith P. Moore School House -- on Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. Both are located in the Lionville National Historic District on North Village Avenue off Route 113 in Lionville.
The John Cadwalder House features a collection of vintage garden tools as well as the Frances D. Mathews research library. The 1856 Edith P. Moore School House has a hands-on working water pump and the old school bell that children will enjoy ringing. The school is filled with old textbooks, desks, benches and more. A replica of the school's outhouse on the school grounds was build by Jeffrey Naparstek as part of his Eagle Scout project.
The Uwchlan Township Historical Commission has a selection of books related to the history of various areas in Uwchlan Township including ‘Dear Sister’ a book about a Civil War local soldier. Other books include ‘A History of Uwchlan Township’ and ‘The History of Dowlin Forge’. The Cadwalder House and the Edith P. Moore School House are open on the 1st Sunday of the month from April thru November. For more information, call 610-280-9522.