It’s not even officially opening for another two-plus weeks, but Revel is wasting no time flaunting its culinary clout.
This weekend, the first “Taste of Revel” event will be showing off the mega-resort’s embarrassment of gustatory riches. All five chef/restaurateurs who have eateries at the $2.4 billion pleasure dome—including Philly-based Jose Garces—will be participating in a number of wine-and-dine activities. The schedule is as follows (all prices are per person):
* Maroon 5 Concert Pre-Drink at Lugo Cucina e Vino
Present your Maroon 5 stub and receive a free glass of prosecco with a minimum food purchase of $10.
* The Taste of Revel Weekend Kickoff; O2; 7 p.m.
Chefs Garces, Marc Forgione, Robert Wiedmaier, Alain Allegretti and Michel Richard serve up their versions of classic American foods including crab cakes, lobster corn dogs, mac-and- cheese and cotton candy. Also offered will be “Reveltinis” made with Belvedere Vodka and Moet Champagne. $95.
* Pastry Party with Michel Richard; The Row; 9 p.m.
Richard (Central) conjures a variety of decadent desserts—perfect accompaniment for the dancers from Ivan Kane’s Royal Jelly Burlesque Nightclub who will perform. $75.
* Liquid Brunch; The Social; 11 a.m.
An eye-opening bash featuring Bloody Marys, Mimosas and a DJ. Cash bar.
* The Big Fish Breakdown with Chef Alain Allegretti and Samuel & Sons; Azure; 11 a.m.
Allegretti (Azure) shares his secrets for preparing a whole Blue Fin Tuna. The four-dish meal includes Rose Champagne from Paul Georg. $100.
* Conquer the Steak with Chef Marc Forgione; American Cut; noon.
Iron Chef and three-time Michelin star winner Forgione (American Cut) offers a master class on various types of beef and their preparations. The different cuts offered will be paired with selected wines. $85.
* Art of Paella with Chef Jose Garces, Amada, 2 p.m. – 3 p.m., Iron Chef Garces (Amada, Village Whiskey, Distrito Cantina) shares his blueprint for lobster-and-seafood paella. Guests will also sample sangria and tapas, including Serrano ham and fig salad, tortilla española, ham croquettes, and escalivada (a vegetable dish). $85.
* Beer and Cheese Pairing with Chef Robert Wiedmaier; The Mezz, 2 p.m.
Wiedmaier (Mussel Bar) will teach how to best match Belgian beer with four artisanal cheeses. $65.
* World Cup Wine Tasting with Anthony Giglio; The Row; 5:30 p.m.
Sample a selection of eight wines hand selected by Revel chefs at this tasting hosted by sommelier and educator Giglio. The program will end with a vote to determine the program’s best wine. $85.
* Pig Out; The Cabanas; noon.
The Revel chefs offer their take on pork. Menu includes Garces’ whole roasted suckling pig and Wiedmaier’s pork belly. They’ll be paired with a selection of Pinots chosen Giglio and cocktails made with Jameson and Chivas. $100.
For “Taste of Revel” tickets, go to www.revelresorts.