Friday, November 27, 2015

Solebury family sickened by carbon monoxide fumes

One young boy went into convulsions, but family was treated and is fine, police said.

Solebury family sickened by carbon monoxide fumes


A Solebury Township family was hospitalized Wednesday morning after they were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes from a gas generator, police said.

A young boy was suffering convulsions when the fire department arrived about 4:40 a.m., Solebury police Chief Dominick Bellizzie said.

The father (no age given); mother, 46; and boys, ages 4 and 7, were being treated at St. Mary Medical Center and were doing well, the chief said. He withheld the victims’ names.

The generator was running in the family’s garage with the door open, but fumes “permeated the house and sickened the family,” Bellizzie said.

The carbon monoxide level exceeded 500 parts per million, “which I’m told is extremely high,” the chief said.

A report of a New Hope family being sickened  by carbon monoxide fumes turned out to be a Solebury resident who complained about a neighbor’s noisy generator.

We encourage respectful comments but reserve the right to delete anything that doesn't contribute to an engaging dialogue.
Help us moderate this thread by flagging comments that violate our guidelines.

Comment policy: comments are intended to be civil, friendly conversations. Please treat other participants with respect and in a way that you would want to be treated. You are responsible for what you say. And please, stay on topic. If you see an objectionable post, please report it to us using the "Report Abuse" option.

Please note that comments are monitored by staff. We reserve the right at all times to remove any information or materials that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable. Personal attacks, especially on other participants, are not permitted. We reserve the right to permanently block any user who violates these terms and conditions.

Additionally comments that are long, have multiple paragraph breaks, include code, or include hyperlinks may not be posted.

Read 0 comments
comments powered by Disqus
About this blog
Chris Palmer covers Bucks County for the Philadelphia Inquirer. His previous work has appeared in the New York Times and on several Times blogs, including City Room, the Local East Village and SchoolBook (which has since been taken over by WNYC). Contact him at, 610 313 8212 or on Twitter, @cs_palmer.

Ben Finley covers Bucks County for The Philadelphia Inquirer. He previously worked for The Associated Press, and the Bucks County Courier Times, where he won more than a dozen journalism awards from organizations including the Education Writers Association, the Society for Features Journalism and the Pennsylvania Bar Association. He grew up in Columbus, Ohio and graduated with honors from The Ohio State University with a degree in journalism. Contact him at, 610-313-8118 or on Twitter, @Ben_Finley.

Also on
letter icon Newsletter