Tattoo artist got teen pregnant, assaulted brother and sister, they say

Tattoo artist Walter Meyerle got a 15-year-old Yardley girl pregnant and sexually assaulted a 13-year-old girl and her 8-year-old brother during sleepovers at his Bristol Borough home, according to accounts presented Wednesday in Bucks County Court.

Meyerle, 35, of Falls Township, had sex with the Yardley girl over a five-month period in 2002 and raped her after she ended the relationship, according to her account.

Blog Image 982908 - Reed
Walter Meyerle is escorted out of courtroom during trial in Doylestown. (Bill Reed/Staff)ylyet

After the alleged rape, he told her “she’d have a surprise in nine months,” according to the account read by Assistant District Attorney Jennifer Schorn on the third day of Meyerle’s child sex-assault trial.

Meyerle is charged with about 200 sex crimes against 15 children ages 4 to 17. If convicted of the alleged assaults over 13 years, starting in 1998, he could face more than 150 years in prison.

In the case of the Yardley girl, she cried during the alleged rape, and Meyerle said her “tears were sexy” and “turned him on,” according to her account.

About eight weeks later, the girl suffered from morning sickness, missed school and told her mother, who gave her a pregnancy test. She had an abortion at the Women’s Center in Philadelphia, according to the account.

The girl could not say whether she became pregnant as a result of the alleged rape or from intercourse she had with Meyerle during their relationship, Schorn said. They had sex 15 to 20 times during the five months.

Then Meyerele “turned weird,” demanding the girl and her girlfriend have phone sex with him more than 10 times and threatening to kill them if they didn’t do it, she told police in the account. He also ordered her to have phone sex with her father, she said.

She and the girlfriend pretended to have phone sex with Meyerle, and she was able to avoid involving he father, according to her account. When Meyerle threatened the girls, they would block their door with furniture to keep him out, she said.

Meyerle eventually stopped calling her, but they met at a party in Croydon, where he allegedly raped her.

In 2000, Meyerle started assaulting a 13-year-old Bristol Borough girl and her 8-year-old brother after their grandmother died, according to their accounts. The grandmother had been raising the girl and her three young brothers, and the children began hanging out at Meyerle’s house on Jefferson Avenue.

According to the accounts of the girl and the brother:

Meyerle would drive the boy around in his monster truck, and he had video games in his house — it was “everything a young boy could want.”

The children would sleep over, and Meyerle awakened the boy at least four times by sexually assaulting him. The boy pretended to sleep, and he didn’t tell anyone about the attacks for eight years.

After a few weeks, Meyerle invited only the girl to spend weekends. For 18 months, she spent most weekends at Meyerle’s house and was assaulted almost every time.

He would awaken her by whispering, “Your’re pretty” in her ear. The assaults started with fondling and sexual touching, with him telling her, “All girls do this.”

After a few weeks, the attacks turned to oral sex, and then to intercourse.

Meyerle threatened to hurt her brothers if she refused his advances, and said no one would believe her if she tried to report him.

She didn’t want to go to his house, but her parents told her “it was good to get out” and “she would have a good time.”

Her older brother told police that Meyerle talked to him about brothers and sisters having sex and tried to talk him into having sex with his sister, according to his account.

The brother refused, but Meyerle eventually convinced him that it was “OK.” 

Meyerle is charged with rape, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, unlawful contact with minors, aggravated indecent assault, sexual assault, and statutory sexual assault, all felonies. He also faces dozens of misdemeanor charges.

He waived his right to a jury trial, and his two court-appointed lawyers have stipulated that the prosecution’s accounts accurately represent the witnesses’ testimony, though not the factual accuracy of events. The defense retains the right to challenge the accounts during the trial and on appeal.

The alleged victims’ names were presented in court but are being withheld by The Inquirer.

Because a jury trial was waived, Judge Diane E. Gibbons reversed an earlier ruling and will consider charges that Meyerle allegedly plotted to break out of the county prison, where he has been held since March 17.

The prosecution is expected to wrap up its case Thursday.