The Pennsbury School District, which has declined to comment on the $14 million verdict for former student Ashley Zauflik or its insurance coverage for the 2007 accident, will issue a press release Tuesday morning, a school board member said Monday.
"There will be a formal press release from Pennsbury that will address many questions," board member Simon Campbell said in an e-mail.
Administrators and school board members have declined to comment on last week's verdict by a Bucks County jury. They also have declined to discuss an admission by the district's lawyer for the case that Pennsbury had a $10 million "excess liability" policy for the 2006-07 school year.
Superntendent Kevin McHugh did say Monday that the district notified its insurance carrier five days after the Jan. 12, 2007 accident, in which about 16 high school students were hit by a runaway bus. Zauflik, a junior, suffered the most serious injuries, including a crushed pelvis and amputation of her leg.