Bucks County residents who suffered losses from Hurricane Irene can file for assistance at a Disaster Recovery Center starting Thursday at the Neshaminy Mall.
County, state and federal agencies will have representatives at the center, which is scheduled to be open from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on subsequent days.
Before going to the center, residents with insurance are advised to file claims with their agents. Residents should also register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) at www.disasterassistance.gov, on web enabled mobile device at m.fema.gov, or by calling 1-800-621-3362 before visting the center.
When applying for assistance, applicants should have the following information available:
- Social Security Number (including spouse)
- Private insurance information, if available
- Address and zip code of the damaged property
- Directions to the damaged home or property
- Daytime telephone number and current mailing address